[Gambas-user] New to Gambas - coding question how to find the active window on an Ubuntu 7.10 de

Jaap Cramer jaap_cramer at ...67...
Thu Jan 24 21:17:14 CET 2008

Hi Kim

If you want to use xwininfo (and any other program for that matter), you can with gambas. use SHELL

DIM s AS String
SHELL "xwininfo" TO s
message(s)

These three lines store the consloe output to variable s. I chose to output S in a message. You can ofcoarse change that, and get your needed information out of s by the usual stringcommands

goodluck!

Jaap