[Gambas-user] Concept needed for shell + transforming files > postges

rterry at ...1822... rterry at ...1822...
Thu Jan 24 04:26:15 CET 2008

Some of this I can do already, but I'm not sure how to combine the flow.

I want to be able to update quite a large reference database in postgres from
downloaded files and import into postgres.

I can do this already manually ie, download, unzip, run a script file in the
terminal, delete existing tables, import, run functions in postgres via
terminal script to modify the data etc.

In gambas I can:

1) design form (wizard) and start with file window to locate and select file

2) Next step would be to take the file and unzip say using:
	unzip -P "password" file.zip

I guess I would use the shell command, but can't understand the docs on how to
say see the output in a control within my gambas program.

3)Next step using psql etc I should be able to do if someone could help me
with the syntax/directions for step 2).

Thanks in anticipation

Richard