[Gambas-user] Making components in Gambas

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Tue Jan 22 22:56:17 CET 2008

Mmm,

Ok, that's certainly an improvement :)

I think from memory my issue was access to the IDE's property controls ... i.e. being able to write code for the property editor ..

Gareth.

----- Original Message -----
step 3.: "Benoit Minisini" <gambas at ...1...>
To: "mailing list for gambas users" <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: 22 January 2008 21:16:53 o'clock (GMT) Europe/London
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Making components in Gambas

On mardi 22 janvier 2008, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Mmm,
>
> I'm afraid I spent more time trying to figure out how to integrate
> GridEditor into Gambas than actually writing GridEditor .. and didn't make
> any substantial progress.
>
> I'm afraid I just link it in manually and set properties by hand.
>
> I do have time to write components, but unfortunately not to try to work
> out the innards of Gambas .. :(
>
> Gareth.

Now you don't have to anything special. Just make a package of your component
project from the IDE, and install it globally.

Or install it locally in your home directory in the 'make executable' dialog.
Moreover, you can create a 'control' directory in your project, and put all
control icons in it. The control icon must have the name of the control class
in lowercase and must be a 'png' file.

If you install your component project locally, the IDE will refresh
automatically and you will be able to use the controls in your forms
immediately.

Benoit Minisini