[Gambas-user] IDE - features for better productivity

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Tue Jan 22 22:27:18 CET 2008

The more I use gambas the more I like it, but am increasingly finding that my
productivity is being held back by the editor functioning, so I thought as I
go along I'll throw in m   2 cents worth of ideas/wish list, a couple of
which I've mentioned before, some I havn't, Most of these are features of all
the editors I've used before

1) Splitable editor with independant scrolling
	- lets one view 2 subroutines side/side when developing/debugging/copying

2) A back/forward button the tool bar.
	- nothing like scrolling/jumping down to one routine to see what one has
done, and then having to find it again

3) Context sensitive help
	- ie press F1 over a keyword > jumps to the spot in the help file (probably
at this stage I suspect impossible because of the nature of the help
generation?

4) Function key link to allow jumping to the subroutine under the cursor.

5)  Auto-refresh project tree
	- Some sort of process running under the hood to refresh the project tree
list for when one has added a file from 'outside of the project'

6) Icon preview at real size
	- A 'this is what it looks like preview' of the icon you draw in the icon
editor at the real size.

7) A 'Clean up the project' feature
	- which removes all unused subroutines

To mention a few. Sounds like a selfish 'All I want for Xmas' wish list dosn't
it.

Fabulous environment to program in and thanks again for all the hard work/the
product/ the support, much appreciated.

Regards

Richard