[Gambas-user] Database Manager useage

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Jan 21 02:16:25 CET 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 20:30, Peterdatkins wrote:

> How would I start the database manager in the terminal?
> I can type 'gambas2' and gambas2 starts OK
> If I type gambas-database-manager there is a response of,... bash:
> gambas-database-manager: command not found.

Check for installation place of gambas2.
At the same place the gambas-database-manager should be also.

Because you can start the database-manager from within the gambas IDE
it must be somewhere installed.
Possible places for debian are /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin

Using the full path to gambas2-database-manager should start it.
i.e. /usr/bin/gambas-database-manager or /usr/local/bin/gambas-database-manager

I did compile from source and my install path is /opt/gb
I do have /opt/gb/bin directory now with
  gambas2
  gambas2.gambas
  gambas-database-manager
  gba2
  gbc2
  gbi2
  gbr2
  gbx2

After reading over and over there is something strange.
the IDE is gambas2, the datbase is gambas-database-manager.
Maybe in your case, the final release, it is gambas2-database-manager.

I don't have other idea what is going wrong.

Ron