[Gambas-user] Enhanced component project management for 2.1

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Jan 20 20:03:45 CET 2008

That is why I wrote 'Oooh and shame' :)

> > > If there are two classes with the same name in two components, they
> > What is the difference between 'msctl32.ListBox' 'Apple.ListBox' and
> > 'gb.qt.listbox'? The implementaion only, all show and present the same
> > content.
>
> Either these implementations are doing the same thing, and so you won't have
> to use them simultaneously, either they are not, and then they must have
> different names.

That is my point. Benoit, Ron and God write a ListBox, all with different implementations.
Why should the a person (God) not call the contol 'ListBox'. I do like your
implemantation more then mine for the Methods/Events/Proprties but MisterX likes the
Listbox implementation of God.
Every programmer has the right to name his/her controls like they want and choose
a name close to the function.

I asume your packagename as gb-apple.x.y.z is the container pack.
inside the component will be then gb.apple.ListBox.
If I like that one more then yours in gb.qt.ListBox how do I use then only the
gb.apple.Listbox?

> > My point was the 'msctrl32', 'gb.apple' and 'gb.qt' are equivalent to the
> > namespace for the listbox, in simple view and words.
> > I do not mean the OS and/or language of the Listbox or library is written
> > with.
>
> I don't understand what you meant there...
see above

> > Still fan of gambas guru Benoit :-)
> >
> > Ron
> >

> I was afraid you tried to persuade me to implement namespaces.

Need dictionary to look up 'persuade'. OK found.
Yes it may looks that way from your point.

I write a 'VideoViewerBox' and someone else does at the same time in Brazil
with the same name. Why should I or the Brazilian rename his control.
Lets asume both persons write 10 controls.
With pacakge names gb-ron-controllers and gb-brazilian-controllers and by
accident all controls have the same name.
Fabian wants to use 5 controls from ron and other 5 from apple/brazilian.
How could he reference to the correct ones?
It was this I had in my eyes at reading the announcement. My fault.

> Beware, I can bite!
Good heavens, from one point I would and then be infected by your programming skills :-)
Lot to learn for me but also happy you are far away from the Netherlands.

Ron

PS.
Do take your rest. It loke as you are 23/6 working on gambas.