[Gambas-user] Enhanced component project management for 2.1

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Jan 20 18:55:57 CET 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 18:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> There is no namespace in Gambas, and I won't implement them. As you wrote, it
> is a source of conflict that the language is unable to solve intelligently.

You missed my point for code as 'AS ListBox' versus 'AS Apple.ListBox'
You mentioned as a example the vendor identification i.e. 'Apple' for gb-apple-x.y.z
Why should Apple not make a component apple.x.y.z usable inside gb?
Oooh and shame for me for see the gb-apple.x.y.z as apple.x.y.z. here :-(

> If there are two classes with the same name in two components, they surely are
> doing the same thing, or one must extend the other.

If they share the same name for the same basic function versus name it looks true.
The implementation and handeling of the Methods/Events/Properties can be
total different but only the name i.e. ListBox with the visual presentation
and end results are the same. In this case there is no extent of the other one.

> So I prefer relying on what I did in Gambas: a component has a list of
> requirements, needed features and provided features, so that the IDE can
> easily know which components are in conflict, and how to order them.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

What is the difference between 'msctl32.ListBox' 'Apple.ListBox' and 'gb.qt.listbox'?
The implementaion only, all show and present the same content.
My point was the 'msctrl32', 'gb.apple' and 'gb.qt' are equivalent to the namespace
for the listbox, in simple view and words.
I do not mean the OS and/or language of the Listbox or library is written with.

Still fan of gambas guru Benoit :-)

Ron