[Gambas-user] Database Manager useage

Peterdatkins peterdatkins at ...1073...
Sun Jan 20 11:28:37 CET 2008

I am new to linux and Gambas so if I am doing something stupid please be
patient.

I have selected Gambas2 from th Synaptic Package Manager in Debian 4.

I would like to use the Database Manager in Gambas but I'm not at all sure
how it should be used.

I have selected it from the tools menu and entered a random keystring
12345678, because it insists on one?

Select Server (no chioce)

Select New Server (nothing else does anything useful)

In the New Connection dialogue I select mysql.

Host, I'm not sure, tried all sorts, eg. 'localhost'

User and password, again not sure because I don't know what to expect the
Database Manager to be doing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Peter