[Gambas-user] HOW TO MOVE IN DATASOURCE

Nx GT-R BOY nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Sat Jan 19 23:35:54 CET 2008

 Hi, hope somebody help me with this one, is there a way to move the
datasource row, to a given record, but not just by index, I mean:

I can do in MySQL console something like this:
select code from colors where person = "someone"

so, I can do:
resultado = conexion.Exec (select code from colors where person = "someone")

Then
resultado!code will have the record I am looking for, but how do I move my
datasource to that record to show it at screen, I know I can do:

DataSource1.MoveTo(X)

But that its going to work only when "code" is numeric, what about if code
es "RD" (for RED color), so, how do I move?, Must I add a numeric field in
all my tables to be able to do what I want?

--
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/645756
http://nxgtrturbo.googlepages.com/