[Gambas-user] Context Menu for WebBrowser component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 18 21:42:45 CET 2008

On vendredi 18 janvier 2008, Che wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New to Gambas - programmer since 1976...
>
> I am building a freeform style writer's organizer / manuscript editor
> (LGPL - screenshot at: http://mark.indigoblues.ca/images/op2-012.jpg and
> http://mark.indigoblues.ca/images/op2-008.jpg if anyone is
> interested...) as a way to learn Gambas and have included the WebBrowser
> component in a form for web based research.  So far so good.
>
> What I am wondering is is there a way to create a context menu that
> calls the inherent contexts of the kde browser, i.e. bookmark this page
> etc. or should I be trying to shell out to Firefox or default browser
> instead of using the WebBrowser component/class?
>
> Not a lot of info on WebBrowser, context menu's or mouse right click in
> Gambas available on the web... :(
>
> BTW the rest of the app is rockin' and rollin' - even got the print
> functions working... :)
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

WebBrowser is based on KHTML, which is a KDE 'KPart' that "only" deals with
HTML, Javascript, and Java.

Konqueror is a KPart container, it's him that manages the contextual menus.

You can run Konqueror externally, or better the gb.desktop component for that.
If you really need Konqueror "inside" your application, you can try to play
with the Embedder control and embeds the window of a running Konqueror inside
your application.

Benoit Minisini