[Gambas-user] Double DataSource

Nx GT-R BOY nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Fri Jan 18 02:50:43 CET 2008

A days ago I got a "Void Key" (known bug), but I change my database
structure, and now its getting better, what I am trying to do is this:

   1.

   I want a table, lets call "groups". where I can add profiles like
   "root", "not root", everything goes ok, I don't have problems with that.
   2.

   I want a table, lest call "users", where I would like to add user
   information like "name" and "password", and let the user select ONLY the
   items that have been recorded under the table "groups" (something pretty
   match the same than the "color" @ gambas examples)

Theres no code here (talking about high level code), just change properties,
just to check I was doing everything OK, I add to my project the Ftest form
from the database project, and of course, change the properties, to work
with my database, and I got the SAME behavior, that what I do by myself, so
I started to think something about my DB.

The behavior I got, its that What is ACTIVE in the form is the
DataSource/DataBrowse of "groups", and nothing about "users", I can add
users, but I cant see them, nothing related with "users" works, just what is
related with "groups"

The project code, its not important I guess, since the same happens with the
Database example, so, maybe the important its the structure of my DB, I
worked with DBDesigner 4, and this is my script file (part of it)

NOTE: comparing my project to the database example @ gambas:
groups = colors
users = test

By the way, pleas tell me the way I should send my code.

CREATE TABLE grupos (
clave VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
nombre VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
empleados TINYINT NULL,
vacaciones TINYINT NULL,
tipoproveedor TINYINT NULL,
nomina TINYINT NULL,
egresos TINYINT NULL,
proveedores TINYINT NULL,
ingresos TINYINT NULL,
clientes TINYINT NULL,
asistencia TINYINT NULL,
inventario TINYINT NULL,
tipomateriales TINYINT NULL,
grupos TINYINT NULL,
usuarios TINYINT NULL,
puestos TINYINT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(clave)
);

CREATE TABLE usuarios (
nombre VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
grupos_clave VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
clave VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(nombre),
INDEX usuarios_FKIndex1(grupos_clave),
FOREIGN KEY(grupos_clave)
REFERENCES grupos(clave)
ON DELETE NO ACTION
ON UPDATE NO ACTION
);

(By the way, I am Spanish native speaker, so the design is in Spanish)

Regards, Nx GT-R (nxgtrturbo at ...626...