[Gambas-user] Problems with installation package with beta-modules

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Thu Jan 17 16:53:43 CET 2008

2008/1/17, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> On jeudi 17 janvier 2008, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > 2008/1/17, Jaap Cramer <jaap_cramer at ...67...>:
> > > sorry for being to brief
> > >
> > > I think it is an error of the one who packaged gambas2 for debian/sid
> > > I have installed package gambas2 from an official Debian/sid
> repository.
> >
> > It was me  ;-)
> >
> > They havent included the xml-xslt package
> >
> > > The strange thing is that I can use it, altough not installed...
> > > Is the xml-xslt part of GB.XML?
> >
> > Right,  it's the where it has being from the first time that component
> > appeared, more than 2 years ago:
> > http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/gambas-gb-xml/filelist
> > http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/gambas2-gb-xml/filelist
> >

> > Some extra info, as requested.
> >
> > > For example I tried in terminal: "gdebi hebr3_0.3-1_i386.deb"
> > > this was the output:
> > >
> > > Reading package lists: Done
> > > Reading state information: Done
> > > Reading state information: Done
> > > Reading state information: Done
> > > This package is uninstallable
> > > Dependency is not satisfiable: gambas2-gb-xml-xslt
> >
> > mmm, then it's a bug from the packaging or from the way gambas check for
> > dependencies. The easiest way to fix it is adding a Provides:
> > gambas2-gb-xml-xslt. A more elegant way would be creating a package only
> > for that component but would like to know Benoît opinion first...
> > If he says a new package should be create, please fill a bug in Debian
> BTS,
> > otherwise I could forget it next time I upload the packages to Debian.
> >

> > PS I wanted to send the debian package allong, but it was to big...
> >

> > I don't  need it, the problem source is clear. Anyway for gb.debug that
> > should not happen...
> >
> > Regards.
> > José L.
> >

> gb.xml.xslt must have its own package, as any other component. Did I
> forget to
> specify that somewhere?

Not, it's my fault as I did the package some years ago before you set the
package policy and forgot about it as it's created from the same sources
branch as gb.xml. I'll fix it in the next upload to Debian splitting xml
package in two.
Regards.