[Gambas-user] Bool Data in MySQL

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jan 17 14:37:46 CET 2008

On jeudi 17 janvier 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On jeudi 17 janvier 2008, Nx GT-R BOY wrote:
> > Bool Data in MySQL
> >
> > Hi everybody, I am trying to change the value of a BOOL field with Gambas
> > but I cant, no matter how I try, the program always says "Invalid value",
> > I can manually insert "0" or "1", "TRUE" or "FALSE" values without
> > problems from the mysql console, Is there any know issue about Bool field
> > with Datacontrols? Can I change the way the Datacontrols works with a
> > given "field type" I mean, if my data type is BOOL, then the DataControl
> > becomes a DataCombo, I have had issues with DataCombos, so, do you
> > recommend stop working with DataCombos?
> >

> > OS: Freespire 2.0.3
> > Gambas: 2.0.0
> > Components: gb, gb.chart, gb.db, gb.db.form, gb.form and gb.gui
> >
> > Nx GT-R
>
> Which version of mysql do you use?
>
> I was not aware of a BOOL datatype in mysql. I only saw integer datatypes,
> and, at the moment, the mysql driver uses the TINY integer datype for
> representing boolean values.
>
> Regards,

OK, I read the doc: BOOL is a synonymous of TINYINT(1), which is the MYSQL
datatype used by the driver to make boolean values.

Can you send me a mysql dump of your database?

Anyway, you should create your database with the database manager to be sure
there is no problem. Did you do that?

--
Benoit Minisini