[Gambas-user] Image.Gradient help please

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 11 19:09:34 CET 2008

On vendredi 11 janvier 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I'm trying to create a text label with a gradient background
> (white-to-blue, left to right)
> I've been reading abotu image.gradient in the gb.image section of the
> wiki, but I'm having a hard time understanding how this is supposed to
> work
>
> Has anyone done this before?
> Can anyone think of a way to do this?
> I'd rather try to get gambas to do this instead of drawing hard images
> of the text labels

Have you read the documentation before? As written in it, Image.Gradient is a
static method that "creates a gradient from a source color to a destination
color and returns it as a new image". A gradient type can be specified.

Once created, you can paint the gradient image with the Draw.Image() or
Draw.Picture() methods. But you cannot use it as a brush at the moment.

Benoit Minisini