[Gambas-user] How to extend properties of classes

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Jan 10 23:26:30 CET 2008

Le Thursday 10 January 2008 23:03:18 richard terry, vous avez écrit :
> I've used the code in CCoolButton to construct an 'outlook style' side bar
> (like in gambas itself), but want a couple of extra properties.
>
> I want to be able to have a popup menu (done that and works) which allows
> the user to change the font size on the buttons.
>
> I did fiddle and try and create Font_Read and Font_Write in the file (by
> coping the structure of the other entries), but it comes up 'null object',
> so I wondered if someone could quickly explain how one extends the
> properties of an object like this.
>
> Tried something like adding this to the file:
>
> PRIVATE SUB Font_Write(Value AS String)
>
>  ' $hLabel.Font = Value
>
> END
>  PRIVATE FUNCTION Font_Read() AS String
>   '  hFont = $hLabel.Font
>    RETURN $hLabel.Font
>
>  END
>
> Hope that makes sense as I don't understand what I'm doing.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

 :)

Me for a new time...

Add this ion the header of the class :

  Property {Font} as Font

then at the bottom :

Sub Font_Write(Value as Font)

  hLabel.Font = Value

End

Function Font_Read() as Font

	Return hLabel.font
End

i'm not sur for hLabel it is maybe another name

So now to use it :

For example from string

hButton.Font = Font["Bold, 16, Arial"]

For example from object