[Gambas-user] Events Close & Resize

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...43...
Thu Jan 10 17:13:28 CET 2008

Great to know that,

I think breaking the internal logic is not a good idea,

I will change the application's logic to solve my problem.

Thanks

David

----- Original Message ----
From: Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:04:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Events Close & Resize

On jeudi 10 janvier 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have some problems with Gambas 2.0 (Mandriva 2008.0, KDE) the event
> Resize is reached after the Close event when I close some form. I
 didn't
> happed on Gambas 1.9.91.
>
> Attached is an example, can some body validate...
>
> Or maybe it is normal and I'm wrong
>
> Best regards
>
> David

This is subtle!

The Form_Close is called first normally because you closed the child
 form.

The Workspace internally created an Observer to be warn just after a
 child
form is closed, so that it can remove it from the Workspace TabStrip.
 But the
Observer is called during the Close event, so the Form is not closed
 yet, nor
destroyed, and so continue on raising events normally.

So this is internally logical, but externally strange. :-)

I could prevent that by blocking form events while the Observer is
 removing
the form from the TabStrip, but at the moment I not sure this is a good
 thing
to break the internal logic. I must think about that a little before
 doing
anything.

Note that you didn't have this problem in 1.9.91, because the Observer
 was not
used. On the other hand, the child form sometimes was not cleanly
 removed!

Benoit Minisini