[Gambas-user] Printing from the TextEdit html control

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Thu Jan 10 08:14:21 CET 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:30:44 am Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Ok i send it ...
>
> if you not understand with that ... i can't do more... :)
Hope that last couple of :) was a smile? I'm sure you can, please read on
below.

 I enclose an output from your program, which interestingly is identical to
the output of my original code - scrunched up writing, so at least you can
now see what I mean. This is probably not a proper pdf file, however it is an
exact replication of what comes out my printer.

ie my original code:  draw.RichText(TextEdit1.text, produces essentially the
same output as the scrunched up text you see in the file I enclose

I use my system (archlinux) daily, print out prodigious quantities of stuff
from everywhere - from the virtual machine it runs, to ordinary linux
programs like kwrite, open office, adobe, kpdf etc, so I don't think this is
a cups problem here.

Do you think there is a bug in the richtext stuf that works in one environment
and not others. I mean, I assume that when you print out from your programm
the richtext shows up ok on the printout.

I think you shouldn't abandon this issue, but together we (all) should track
it down, because from posting I;ve put on another forum , someone else tried
to acheive the same thing and got the same squished up result as I did.

Awaiting your thoughts.

Richard