[Gambas-user] Problems with gambas2-2.0

rolf rolf.frogs at ...221...
Mon Jan 7 18:15:44 CET 2008

HI Benoit,:

> > I have a problem with the release version of gambas2 and would like to
> > ask what is needed to compile/run this version. I had no problems with
> > compiling gambas up to version 1.9.47 or so.
> >
> > Let me tell what I did:
> > - Fetch the source code file form sf.
> > - configure as usual and get the message that modules mysql, firebird,
> > sqlite, desktop and que will not be build. My call to config explicitly
> > disables mysql, firebird and sqlite - later I also disable the desktop
> > module, but this seems to be ignored?!
> > The I install gambas from the sid-repository of Debian - my computer runs
> > with Debian Lenny.
> > Starting the programm (from a terminal window), I got the message
> > "Library gb.desktop not found".
> > So I dont know, which new dependencies gambas2 has.
> >
> > Please help - I prefer compiling.
> >

> The gb.desktop component is needed. It requires X11 library and the Xtst
> library too.

Many thanks for your response, but I still don't know which of the lot of
x-libs are needed. Below is a list of x-libs (developer versions) Debian
offers. I an i is written in the first column the lib is installed.

schleppi:~/gambas2-2.0.0# aptitude search x11 | grep dev
p   libghc6-x11-dev                 - Haskell X11 binding for GHC
p   libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev    - A free implementation of the OpenGL API --
p   libgrafx11-1-dev                 - Cernlib library interface to X11 and
p   libgtkextra-x11-2.0-dev      - A useful set of widgets for GTK+ (developm
i   libx11-dev                        - X11 client-side library (development
p   mesa-swx11-source         - Mesa software rasteriser source -- develop
p   x11proto-bigreqs-dev            - X11 Big Requests extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-composite-dev          - X11 Composite extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-core-dev            - X11 core wire protocol and auxiliary heade
i  x11proto-damage-dev             - X11 Damage extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-dmx-dev             - X11 Distributed Multihead X extension wire
p   x11proto-evie-dev             - X11 Event Interception extension wire prot
i  x11proto-fixes-dev              - X11 Fixes extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-fontcache-dev          - X11 font cache extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-fonts-dev              - X11 font extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-gl-dev                 - X11 OpenGL extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-input-dev              - X11 Input extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-kb-dev                 - X11 XKB extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-print-dev           - X11 Printing extension (Xprint) wire proto
i  x11proto-randr-dev              - X11 RandR extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-record-dev             - X11 Record extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-render-dev             - X11 Render extension wire protocol
i   x11proto-resource-dev           - X11 Resource extension wire protocol
i   x11proto-scrnsaver-dev          - X11 Screen Saver extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-trap-dev               - X11 Trap extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-video-dev              - X11 Video extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-xcmisc-dev          - X11 XC-Miscellaneous extension wire protoc
i  x11proto-xext-dev               - X11 various extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-xf86bigfont-dev        - X11 Big Fonts extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-xf86dga-dev          - X11 Direct Graphics Access extension wire
p   x11proto-xf86dri-dev            - X11 DRI extension wire protocol
p   x11proto-xf86misc-dev         - X11 XFree86-Miscellaneous extension wire p
p   x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev        - X11 Video Mode extension wire protocol
i  x11proto-xinerama-dev           - X11 Xinerama extension wire protocol

After running
 .configure -C --disable-gtk --disable-sqlite3 --disable-sqlite2 --disable-sqlite --disable-firebird --enable-kde

I've got the mssage:
THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:

- gb.db.firebird
- gb.db.mysql
- gb.db.sqlite2
- gb.db.sqlite3
- gb.desktop
- gb.gtk.svg
- gb.qte

So why it still lists the disabled modules?
Fine regards
Rolf