[Gambas-user] Gambas on 64 Bit system

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Mon Jan 7 18:07:38 CET 2008

2008/1/7, Daniel Campos <dcamposf at ...626...>:

> 2008/1/7, José Luis Redrejo <jredrejo at ...626...>:
> > gambas2 , but I still don't see why there should be any difference with
> this
> > or with any other 32 bits application.
>
> In a 64 bits system pointers to memory use 8 bytes instead of 4 bytes,
> I think, so the structures of any Gambas handle would use more memory
> if compiled natively.

I know that, but running a PAE system you're running a 32 bits system with a
special option in the kernel to paginate (and use) more than 4 gB of memory,
but you're still running a 32 bits system, not a 64 bits system. It's the
current solution for many people who need gambas or run the flash plugin:
install a 32 bits OS on a 64 bits system.

Regards.