[Gambas-user] Problems with gambas2-2.0

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Mon Jan 7 17:03:53 CET 2008

Alle 16:51, lunedì 7 gennaio 2008, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On lundi 7 janvier 2008, manuel viet wrote:
> > Rolf Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with the release version of gambas2 and would like to
> > > ask what is needed to compile/run this version. I had no problems with
> > > compiling
> > > gambas up to version 1.9.47 or so.
> > >
> > > Let me tell what I did:
> > > - Fetch the source code file form sf.
> > > - configure as usual and get the message that modules mysql, firebird,
> > > sqlite,
> > >   desktop and que will not be build. My call to config explicitly
> > > disables mysql, firebird and sqlite - later I also disable the desktop
> > > module, but
> > >   this seems to be ignored?!
> > > The I install gambas from the sid-repository of Debian - my computer
> > > runs with
> > > Debian Lenny.
> > > Starting the programm (from a terminal window), I got the message
> > > "Library gb.desktop not found".
> > > So I dont know, which new dependencies gambas2 has.
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I had about the same problems you faced ; I made some sloppy hacks around
> > them
> > but Stephano Palmeri came up with a clean solution to compile gb.desktop.
> > Do $ export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib"
> > before
> > $ ./configure
> >
> > It will only work if you have libXtst and libXtst-dev installed prior to
> > compiling.
> >
> > Best luck,
> >

> > -----
> > --
> > Manuel Viet
>
> It would be cool if people send the output of './configure' and 'make' when
> they have such problems, as specified on the web site.
>
> Regards,

I sent this mail to the list on 19-12-2007, with subject "can't compile
gb.desktop" showing the ./configure failure.:

Trying to compile RC2.

gb.desktop:

checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for XTestQueryExtension in -lXtst... no
configure: WARNING: *** Desktop-neutral routines is disabled

Well, libXtst.so is installed in /usr/X11R6/lib.

My ld.so.conf is:

/usr/include
/usr/lib
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/include
/usr/i486-slackware-linux/lib
/opt/kde/lib
/usr/lib/qt/lib
/usr/lib/seamonkey

My system is Slackware 11.0. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Best regards,

Stefano Palmeri

Best regards,