[Gambas-user] Gambas2: trouble with executable

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 6 18:03:51 CET 2008

On dimanche 6 janvier 2008, Hans-Martin Böhme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Gambas 2.0 running here on my pc without any trouble, but today I
> installed the 2.0 on a friends pc (SuSE 10.2) and all run fine except the
> executable from my selfwritten application.
>
> I build that executeable new on his pc from the source (it runs fine with
> F5 from the GUI on his pc) but no way to start it from a shell (konsole) as
> an executable. (On mine there is no trouble at all, so it must be somewhat
> with his pc I guess)
>
> Uh, thats not right, the first Window of the executable starts, but it has
> to open a second window (the first window is a login-window), wich will not
> come up pressing the login-button. The first window will not response any
> more after pressing this button.
>
> No error-text to see on the console, the application just 'hangs'
>
> I am sure it is no Gambas problem, because all run fine on mine machine and
> so i didnt post some code-snippet from my application here.
>
> Anyone has a tip where to start?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> HMB

It recalls me some similar problem on SuSE, but I can't remember what it is
exactly.

You should try to know where it hangs with gdb:

$ gdb gbx2 <PID>
(gdb) bt

where <PID> is the process id of the program that hangs.

Send me the result of the gdb 'bt' command.

Benoit Minisini