[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 - digg and slashdot

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Jan 5 23:12:37 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 19:21, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> As there is a compiler between the BASIC language and the executed bytecode,
> one can imagine another compiler with a C-like syntax, or another language.

I'm not sure I realy understand but if you mean instead of basic language
in gambas the C language in gambas (gamC) it sounds interesting as project.
Asume the construction for the total gambas is used for C to, only the
source code language change. :)

> Maybe I should waste my time on that just to make people see Gambas
> differently?

A waste of time only seen by the users of gambas, they do not want you
spend time to other things.
For showing the people the overal design of the Gambas way of working and
not to be a toy is not realy a waste of time, it shows the basic power.

> --
> Benoit Minisini

The current Gambas users are happy you spend (not waste) the develop
time, almost 5 years now, to Gambas.
I do and for me it is one of the interesting, not to say only, projects I like.

Thanks for birth of Gambas and a good 2008.

Ron