[Gambas-user] Continuing difficulty with gambas2 documentation

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Fri Jan 4 06:49:34 CET 2008

Both local and on-line.

e.g something simple TextArea documentation <copy>
listed on-line as ./copy (in italics) brings up a logon dialog for the
server ?perhaps this doc dosn't exist.

I did an updatedb on my local machine and _copy.html dosn't seem to exist.

Perhaps I have some concept wrong.

The other comment I'd make about gambas documentation is that is essentially
useless for a beginner, ie there seems no keyword search. Documentation which
I feel function best for the novice user, are those like used in QT, or
windows .chm files, as the novice just dosn't know where to start looking.

For someone like myself in full time employement working 60 hrs per week, to
spend an hour trying to track down some simple documentation is so offputting
that in the individuals such as myself as lost to the language/user base.

I think someone else put in a recent post that rather than moving into more
complex things in version 3, perhaps some effort should be put into fixing
existing areas which need attention.

I've some experience with help systems (I used a wxPython help compiler
HelpBlocks to generate some files from html for a medical lecture series I
organised here last year).

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Richard