[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 2

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Wed Jan 2 12:26:29 CET 2008

Alle 11:13, mercoledì 2 gennaio 2008, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> Happy new year for every people using the gregorian calendar!
>
> After three year of development (and not two as I wrote before), Gambas 2
> is finally released.
>
> I have updated the Gambas 2 article on the wiki so that it can be used for
> introducing this release.
>
> Gambas 2 becomes now the stable version, and the 1.0 version is deprecated.
>
> The changes since 2.0 RC2 are mainly bug fixes. The main one are:
> * The IDE find list was redesigned.
> * A 3D PDF presentation example and a 3D webcam example were added.
> * The offline help was updated to the last online version.
> * The Session class now correctly deals with Long values.
> * The GlArea control was fixed.
>
> As usual, read the ChangeLog for detailed information.
>
> I tried to follow the KDE SVN structure for the Gambas repository, even I
> don't find it really practical:
>
> /trunk is the last development version.
>
> /tags/X.Y.Z is the X.Y.Z release.
>
> /branches/X.0 is the old trunk, used for fixing bugs in the aim of a new
> release of the stable version.
>
> Let's start Gambas 3 now!

Happy new year to you too and to all Gambas fanatics.

In the article you're still talking about release candidate:

"After three of development, I am happy to announce the first release
candidate of Gambas 2."

I've updated the italian version.

Congratulations for your new reached goal.

Best regards,

Stefano Palmeri