[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 2.1

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 21 09:37:05 CET 2008

Hi,

Gambas 2.1 has been released. This is the first gambas version that works
indifferently on 32 bits and 64 bits system. Finally!

Because of a design flaw, you have to recompile your project when going from
one architecture to the other, as soon as you use the Pointer datatype in
your code. Otherwise, Gambas executable aree fully compatible.

This flaw design is fixed in the Gambas 3 development version.

The IDE now fully supports the development of component projects, i.e.
components written in Gambas. It can make binary packages for these
components too, but Ubuntu and Debian distributions are not supported at the
moment.

There are a lot of bug fixes too, you can see them in the ChangeLog as usual.

To test a component project, just install it by checking the option in
the "make executable" dialog. The component will be installed in your home
directory, and the IDE will immediately display the controls defined by this
component in its toolbox.

Developing a component needs some documentation yet. I hope I will be able to
write it soon... Anyway, you can ask questions on the mailing-list as usual.

Benoit Minisini