[Gambas-user] putting name with apostrophe into postgres via gambas

nando nando_f at ...951...
Wed Feb 20 00:51:33 CET 2008

Yes, you can use the built-in functions that will do it.  I personally don't like
to use them because I'd rather have the client perform the work as opposed to the
server...this would be a personal preference.  I like to have the server available
for Selects, Inserts, Updates and leave it alone for this type of work.  Besides,
this is faster because the data doesn't have to go somewhere else.

This is used on Gambas1, I use 1.0.6 and 1.0.17.
It works.
-Fernando

 PUBLIC FUNCTION GoodSQL (SQLinput AS String) AS String

  'escape Apostrophe, Quote, backtick, backslash for SQL INSERT and UPDATE

  DIM SQLoutput AS String
  DIM i AS Integer
  DIM a AS String

  IF Len(SQLinput) > 0 THEN
    FOR i = 1 TO Len(SQLinput)
      a = Mid$(SQLinput,i,1)
      IF a=Chr$(34) OR a="`" OR a="'" OR a=Chr$(92) THEN a = Chr$(92) & a
      SQLoutput = SQLoutput & a
    NEXT
  ENDIF

  RETURN SQLoutput