[Gambas-user] mysql problems

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Tue Feb 19 06:15:17 CET 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008 23:46, Zano wrote:
> Charlie Reinl ha scritto il 02/18/2008 11:20 PM:
> > Salut,
> >
> > I think you should create you own account (Ctrl+C)
> > The generated account has no PW.
> >
> I'm not sure to have understood what you mean

You should use a mysql admin program, like phpadmin or mysqladmin
and add a user 'Zano' with or without password to the mysql server.
You must do it as mysql root user here.!!!

>bash-3.2# mysql
>Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>Your MySQL connection id is 118
>Server version: 5.0.51-log Frugalware Linux - mysql-5.0.51
>
>Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
>mysql> show databases;
>+--------------------+
>| Database           |
>+--------------------+
>| information_schema |
>| mysql              |
>| test               |
>| wikidb             |
>+--------------------+
>4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql> \q
>Bye
>bash-3.2#

If you have done this as root you should do it as ordinary user !!!!
After adding a user account it should work.

Ron

PS
In opposite as MS giving everyone the rights and you CAN block
in linux you MUST give the rights and everyone IS blocked default.