[Gambas-user] load a picture via URL in a PictureBox

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Mon Feb 18 10:45:47 CET 2008

Alle 09:32, lunedì 18 febbraio 2008, smiefert at ...784... ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> how can i load a picture from the web into a gambas Picturebox ?

I think you have to save it locally and then load it in the picturebox.

i.e. :

DIM sTempImageFile AS String

  sTempImageFile = Temp$

SHELL "wget
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/sites/all/themes/spreadfirefox_RCS/logo.jpg" &
        " -O " & sTempImageFile WAIT

  PictureBox1.Picture = Picture[sTempImageFile]

  KILL sTempImageFile

I don't know if there are better ways to do it. Probably yes.

Stefano