[Gambas-user] Untranslated Strings

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Tue Feb 12 11:31:29 CET 2008

Alle 07:01, martedì 12 febbraio 2008, Nx GT-R BOY ha scritto:
> Untranslated Strings
>
> Hi, I have a question about Project translation.
>
> When I develop my app I write everything without notice about the language,
> so now, I want to translate it to English, everything works perfect IN
> ENGLISH, but what about all my untranslated strings?
>
> I mean when I create my "executable" I open it from my console with just
> works perfect, but whats the syntax to leave everything untranslated?

Read this mail from Benoit:

The actual algorithm is the following:

1) The contents of the LC_ALL environment variable is taken.

2) If LC_ALL is void, then the contents of the LANG environment variable is
taken.

3) If LANG is void, then the language is set to "en_US".

4) The associated translation file is loaded.

5) If no associated file is found, and if the language has the "xx_YY" form,
then the translation associated with the language "xx", without the country
part "_YY", is loaded.

6) If no translation file can be found, then no string is translated.

Note that the translation file cannot be loaded if the associated glibc locale
files are not installed on the system.

For example, on my french Mandriva, I have to install the "locale-es" package
to be able to run the IDE in spanish.

Benoit Minisini