[Gambas-user] Strange second instance that never opens

MaxVK maximvonk at ...626...
Wed Feb 6 17:58:52 CET 2008

I manged to find the files in the end thanks to some help from another forum,
and after a quick look at the two I can see that there is some difference
between the menu item I created and the one that was installed for me by
Gambas.

Iv pasted them below, and you can see that in the Gambas one there are two
extra lines: 'StartupNotify=true' and 'Categories=' . I can only guess that
the StartupNotify is what is causing the problem.

Gambas Installed:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Source Bank
Comment=Gambas Source bank.
Exec=/usr/bin/sourcebank.gambas
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/sourcebank.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=
Name[en_GB]=SourceBank(0)
Comment[en_GB]=Gambas Source bank.
Icon[en_GB]=sourcebank

Home Made:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=KBANK
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Icon[en_GB]=/usr/share/pixmaps/sourcebank.png
Name[en_GB]=KBANK
Exec=/usr/bin/sourcebank.gambas
Comment[en_GB]=Gambas Source bank.
Comment=Gambas Source bank.
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/sourcebank.png
GenericName[en_GB]=

As Iv said, this is not a real problem, but perhaps its a small bug that has
crept in?

All the best

Max