[Gambas-user] Rex3: Invalid Value, Null Object (steps)

Nx GT-R BOY nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Mon Feb 4 19:06:51 CET 2008

>The 'creabd11' file you sent me just create all the tables, but there is no

>data in any table except one user and one 'puestos' (I don't know what it
>is). What should I do exactly to reproduce the bug?

>--
>Benoit Minisini

Sorry for the late reply. (I was out of the city)

This are the steps:

   1.

   If you don't want to modify a line of code, the database name should
   be "arpi"
   2.

   Then create the structure with the script
   3.

   Run the app, in the login area, everything is "default setup" to only
   thing you need to change is user ("usuario") and password ("clave") for your
   MySQL server (localhost for me).
   4.

   Then I remove any other button at main screen for easily goal, you
   just click the only button there it says "Asistencia"
   5.

   Then you have a new window, then type a valid year (any you want) like
   2008 in the field "Año"
   6.

   Now, here comes the problem, the Tabs "Enero" (january) and
   "Diciembre" (december) thats the ones that has problem, just try to record
   and read values from them.

The datacontrols point to a INT field, so, for our goal the "logic" doesn't
matter, any INT valid value should work.

If you are in "Enero" when you want to save what you typed you will get a
"Null object" error.

If you are in "Diciembre" you can save to the database, but you cant read.

Notice: if you don't write the year first you will get an error (my fault),
the app is still under development process, I am going to validate that
later.

--
Nx GT-R