[Gambas-user] Problem with SHELL command.Please help!!

Mukul Khullar auditmk at ...626...
Fri Feb 1 14:44:11 CET 2008

I am trying to use the SHELL command in gambas for executing a command known
as auditctl on my GUI such as :

SHELL fk TO s

where fk is the command auditctl [flags]

and s is a variable of type variant.

When I give the correct flags, the output from the shell is returned
correctly in s, and I can print s using message(s).
But when I give an incorrect combination of flags , the error returned on
the shell is not coming into s(on debugging, s remains blank, nothing is
returned into s).
How can I redirect any type of shell output of the above command into some
variable? Is there a better way to do it?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanking you,
Mukul Khullar.