[Gambas-user] lpt printer

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Fri Feb 1 10:41:45 CET 2008

Scott Castaline ha scritto:
> Leonardo Miliani wrote:
>> gunartha ha scritto:
>>
>>> yes, my printer set on /dev/lp0  type Epson LX-00
>>> and I get a sample as below : I try this sample and when end of data,
>>> printer still scroll the paper.
>>>
>> What does it mean "printer still scroll the paper"?
>> If you mean that the printer scrolls the paper until the sheet end, it's
>> the normal way of working of the Printer object: you use it as a sheet
>> where you design your graphics and write your text. When you terminate
>> your job (Draw.End) it is printed, but all the sheet of paper is used.
>>

>>> How to open/print a file to printer so when end of data  the paper stop/no
>>> scroll
>>>
>> The printer is set to eject the sheet, even you used just a line of the
>> paper.
>>

> I get the impression that he wants to disable this function. He may have
> an app that generates a few lines of text at a time, prints it then will
> generate a few more lines later. We used to do this to UNIX servers back
> in the 80's and earlier where a system message normally went to the main
> console and we wanted to save it in print we would redirect it to a dot
> matrix continuous feed printer without the page eject command being sent.

He could keep the object Draw opened until he finished to write his
datas on it and keep a counter of the printed lines so he could print
the document when the text reach the end of the paper sheet.

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...

Co-fondatore di Gambas-it.org: www.gambas-it.org
(il sito italiano dedicato alla comunità di Gambas)

Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software