[Gambas-user] gambas-mpg123player

Wed Dec 31 18:54:12 CET 2008

Demosthenes Koptsis ha scritto:
> Hi list,
>
> i wrote a simple front-end for mpg123 console player in gambas2,
> have a look
>
> http://gambas-mpg123pl.sourceforge.net/index.html

Had a look to your application; simple but effective. If I didn't have
Beep Media Player, now I could use your application; only misses an
equalizer... and perhaps smaller buttons.

I like front-ends because they are easy to make and works nicely; I made
some time ago a front-end for mplayer under windows, and now I cannot
use anything else. Clearly, I made it exactly as I liked it, but I've
never seen things like aspect ratio correction (5% wider because my LCD
has not square pixels), or automatic rescaling (open a 320x240, and a
800x600 video: why the heck they should have different sizes when
viewing?) in other players.

So, put in your program the mandatory things (don't know if a equalizer
is), add some unique feature (a song search function, for example - the
normal open file dialog box is too limited for this kind of things, and
no players are smart enough to add something more functional), and
people will start to use your application.

Only one thing to say: the install procedure is a little brute: it
overwrites libraries without confirmation - dangerous. Probably you know
that the gambas IDE can generate install packages (.deb, .rpm and
others), this could be an improvement.

This is my opinion only - take it easy...

Cheers and happy 2009,

--
Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."