[Gambas-user] Bug in gb.net curl component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 30 20:20:12 CET 2008

On mardi 30 décembre 2008, you wrote:
> Dear Benoit:
>
> This is a really bug, I think it appears in gambas 2.9 and persist in
> gambas 2.10, in gambas 2.7 works fine. It's really simple. And fails also
> in http get example in gambas. When I put this url:
>
> http.url="
> http://217.76.137.224/multimedia/milenio3/diciembre2008/milenio3_20081228_p
>arte2.mp3 "
>
> And code reach the
>
> http.get
>
> The application wait eternaly and not continue.
>
> In gambas 2.7 http.get pass well and start downloading and calling event
> Read.
>
> I attach my program who parse and url and extract all mp3 and start
> downloading one per one. In gambas 2.7 works fine, but in gambas 2.9 and
> 2.10 when start donwload, hangs up.
>
> Regards
> Lorenzo Tejera

I found the bug: the FtpClient and HttpClient control Async property is not
correctly initialized to TRUE.

As a workaround, just explicitely set the Async property to TRUE before
running the Get() method. It should work!

Benoit Minisini