[Gambas-user] Code Editor feature

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Fri Dec 19 16:41:37 CET 2008

On Friday 19 December 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On jeudi 18 décembre 2008, Wally wrote:
> > I wonder if there might be a way to use drag & drop(shift/Ctrl)
> > with code fragments in the Gambas Code Editor.
>
> Can you give more details?
>

> > Also would be great to fold (epand/collapse) SUB's and FUNCTIONS.
>
> This was done in the development version (Gambas 3).
>
> Regards,

The drag and drop was available in the old editor( without line numbers), pre 1.0 version of gambas.
After the switch to the new editor (with linenumbers) it was gone.
I have at that time already send a report about missing this.

The best example I can give you ATM is in kate (KDE)
I'm creating a lot of source files and to i.e. reorder the text
I select words, lines or even part of words and drag it to other places.
I works simple by select the part you need and at the next mouse down
inside the selected text part and moving the mouse will start the D&D process.
At release of mouse the part stays on the new place.

The second question is also a great wish of me.
I'm happy to get it in Gambas 3, Kate does not have it yet(?)

Best regards,

Ron_1st