[Gambas-user] Ask about POS Printer and Gambas

Thu Dec 18 18:28:55 CET 2008

Leo Sendra schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody have some experiences using printer Samsung SRP-270??
> How to code this printer in Gambas??
>
> Thanks

Ok, googling the web brought me up some sites offering this printer. On
one of them, the technical features included

"Compatible with competitor's emulation's including Epson, Star and Citizen"

So I would say, what you need first is a printer "driver" for your Linux
distribution (Epson or Star driver), i. e. you should be able to address
it like any other standard matrix printer. Just with smaller paper size :-)

Then comes the Gambas part: writing code that uses the printer object to
write something to the printer, but you will not really have to care
about technical background anymore. According to that description, this
printer can print graphics, so the Linux fonts and stuff should be
possible without big problems.

Rolf