[Gambas-user] import mysql dump EXEC or SHELL?

Thu Dec 18 00:01:13 CET 2008

Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> ---8< ------ I cutted it all ---
>
> Salut Doriano,
>
> someone who knows what 'internet netiquette' is,
> is not too old to use computers.
>
> That would mean, that all who have seen World War 2nd,
> are too old to eat, because food was scarce at this time.
>
> No! Nowadays memory and speed is no more a problem, so 'internet
> netiquette' also, is no more a problem!
>
> Call it progress !?!?!, but eat, oh pardon, no you are not too old for
> computers. But you know a part of the future / past.

Oops, perhaps my sentence was too loud.
Just to clarify: I am 45 years old. I don't know if I am old enough to
speak like an old man (I think "no") and no, I never seen the World War 2nd.

My sentence was mainly ironic, but there is a little truth in it. One
does not become old in one step - there is a whole life in between. But,
step by step, we all approach a different style of thinking. So, my
thought is no more the same as when I was 20.
If I was 20, I would think "Wow! This new email client strips off the
signature, along with advertising!". Now, I think "I am really annoyed
by libraries, marketing, profits, C sources, investors, banks,
insurances, lawyers, bad people, tarballs, dependencies. Why I have to
see all this advertising rubbish and all this compiling problems?". The
next step will be "Computers are so complicated, and the whole world is
so wrong...". At that time, I will be "old".

At this time, I am not old enough to hate computers, but I am on the
way: I hate javascript and flash graphics in stupid web pages, spamming,
advertising and MS Word documents in emails, viruses and trojans, Wi-Fi,
and a fair quantity of contemporary music...

Sad to say, but the only place where things are not getting worse is
this new wind of Linux and free software. I hope that this new wind has
fertile lands to invade.

Well - this is enough. Sorry for annoying anyone which could read this
email. This is not the right place to speak about life.

Cheers to everybody (should I sign or not? Ok, let's do it...),
Doriano

--
Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."