[Gambas-user] Accessing the Treeview Collection

Wed Dec 17 15:45:35 CET 2008

Wally ha scritto:
> On Wed December 17 2008 14:09:31 Doriano Blengino wrote:
>
>> Wally ha scritto:
>>
>>> How to access all items in a Treeview using
>>> not using movefirst, movenext etc. ?
>>>
>>> FOR EACH ...  IN Treeview ???
>>> NEXT
>>>
>>> regs wally
>>>
>> Do this:
>>
>>   if not xxx.MoveFirst() then
>>     repeat
>>       xxx.item.xxx()      ' do things with the current item
>>     until xxx.MoveNext()
>>   endif
>>
>> TreeView.MoveXXX() return TRUE if there were no more items to move to.
>>
>> Hope this is enough for you to start.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Doriano
>>

> Hi Doriano,
>
> PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click()
>
>  IF NOT TreeView1.MoveFirst() THEN
>     REPEAT
>       'do things with the current item
>        'xxx.item.xxx()
>       'TextArea1.Text &= TreeView1.Item.Key()
>       ' NOT AN OBJECT !
>
>       TextArea1.Text &= TreeView1.Item.Key & "\n"
>       'give just the root-childs
>     UNTIL TreeView1.MoveNext()
>   ENDIF
>
> END
>
> I got only the root-childs with this code but i think
> it should be possible with additional treeview.item.count and
> treevie.item.children loops.
> I presumed the trreview holds the items in a collection and
> the collection objects are accessible via FOR EACH IN.
>
> regs wally

Hmmm,
docs say that MoveNext() iterates to "next children"; MoveBelow() goes
to the "next visible item below".
I don't see anything wrong, and MoveNext() should work. Indeed, I used
this scheme (MoveFirst + MoveNext), and it seems to me that it works...

...ask Benoit.

Regards,
Doriano