[Gambas-user] Accessing the Treeview Collection

Wally wally at ...2037...
Wed Dec 17 14:43:07 CET 2008

On Wed December 17 2008 14:09:31 Doriano Blengino wrote:
> Wally ha scritto:
> > How to access all items in a Treeview using
> > not using movefirst, movenext etc. ?
> >
> > FOR EACH ...  IN Treeview ???
> > NEXT
> >
> > regs wally
>
> Do this:
>
>   if not xxx.MoveFirst() then
>     repeat
>       xxx.item.xxx()      ' do things with the current item
>     until xxx.MoveNext()
>   endif
>
> TreeView.MoveXXX() return TRUE if there were no more items to move to.
>
> Hope this is enough for you to start.
>
> Regards,
> Doriano

Hi Doriano,

PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click()

 IF NOT TreeView1.MoveFirst() THEN
    REPEAT
      'do things with the current item
       'xxx.item.xxx()
      'TextArea1.Text &= TreeView1.Item.Key()
      ' NOT AN OBJECT !
      TextArea1.Text &= TreeView1.Item.Key & "\n"
      'give just the root-childs
    UNTIL TreeView1.MoveNext()
  ENDIF

END

I got only the root-childs with this code but i think
it should be possible with additional treeview.item.count and
treevie.item.children loops.
I presumed the trreview holds the items in a collection and
the collection objects are accessible via FOR EACH IN.

regs wally