[Gambas-user] Hex string to float

Sat Dec 13 20:05:54 CET 2008

nando ha scritto:
> I'm sorry, but I cannot see this as correct.
> Saving a 4 byte value in integer format then
> reading in the same 4 byte value and place it in an float variable
> performs no conversion.
> Conversion is needed due to how we want to interpret the type of data.

Indeed it does (perhaps a different syntax should be used - the one
which writes in binary format). The problem is that it is easy to write
an integer constant in the correct form (&h...); different is the case
when you read them from somewhere - they can have a different byte order
or format (in this case you can manipulate them).

Another problem is to use a file for doing this - this is a great waste
of resources; gambas has pointers too, but they are difficult to use.

Regards,
Doriano