[Gambas-user] Problems with libtool

Tchekov.Net emil at ...1913...
Tue Dec 9 08:43:55 CET 2008

Dear all,

need help on compiling Gambas.

Have tried to install Gambas 2.9 on Xubuntu in Virtual Machine.

Evrth. went good, but I have overseen the version warning for the libtool (I
was really dumb ...), so the compiling was not successfull (libtool 2.2.24
was installed on my Xubuntu).

So using Synaptic I have "completely" removed the libtool 2.2.24; Then
downloaded the required version 1.5.12 (configure, make, make install went
successfull).

BUT the Gambas compilation is still not successfull - after reconf and
configure, make still breaks with libtool version warning (2.2.24).

I think there is some kind of string, which is not set to the proper value,
since I have now the proper version on libtool, but may be not properly
"registered".

Any suggestion? Or should I reinstall Xubuntu :-(

Thank you very much in advance

kind regards

Emil