[Gambas-user] Height and width units?

Mon Dec 8 20:22:38 CET 2008

>> > What is the unit of height and width? At least in PictureBox and
>> > DrawingArea, unit is not pixel, instead something little larger...
>>
>> Hu ? Everything is in pixels in Gambas. Control dimensions in the IDE are
>> just multiple of Desktop.Scale.

 Hmmm... I'm not sure if I understand correctly.
 But, make PictureBox / DrawingArea, set Height and Width to 100.
 Then put picture (size 100x100 pixel) / draw square (100x100) to
PictureBox / DrawingArea.
 Result is bigger PictureBox / DrawingArea than than picture / square inside it.
 Other words, Height & Width 100 box, can hold lager picture than
100x100 pixels.

 I just noticed that this is true only in running state!!
 In stop state IDE shows forms OK...

Jussi