[Gambas-user] Ask about com access

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Sun Dec 7 15:48:40 CET 2008

   I wrote a complete POS in GAMBAS but the cash drawer was connected to
the parallell device.. however, I did dump text to an LED pole display,
to show the customer how much they owed and the change due etc. Should
be fairly similar, knowing the control codes to send to the cash drawer
might be the difficult part (might not be well documented).

PUBLIC SUB OutputToPoleDisplay(pOutputString AS String)
   DIM ShellString AS String
   ClearPoleDisplay
   ShellString = "echo -ne \"" & pOutputString & "\" > /dev/ttyS0"
   SHELL ShellString WAIT
END

PUBLIC SUB ClearPoleDisplay()
    SHELL "echo -ne \"\n\n\n\" > /dev/ttyS0" WAIT
END

Regards
Steve :)