[Gambas-user] Small window without gadgets

Fri Dec 5 08:25:55 CET 2008

Nicolas Koch schrieb:
> Rolf,
>
>> The question is simple: Is it possible to make a small window without
>> any gadgets appear and disappear after some seconds showing a small hint
>> such as "you got new messages..."?
>
> Yes.
>
> Ok on your project you have your main form say FMain, create another
> form call it FNewMsg.
>
> On FMain add a button or whatever way you want to call the FNewMsg form.
>
> ' Gambas class file
>
> PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
>
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
>   FNewMsg.Show
> END
>
> Now on FNewMsg we just have the Message you wanted "you got new
> messages..." either as textlabel, msg or picture whatever and add a
> timer like the below
>
> FNewMsg
> ' Gambas class file
>
> PRIVATE CloseTimer AS NEW Timer AS "CloseTimer"
>
> PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
>   ME.Center
>   CloseTimer.Delay = 4 * 1000
>   CloseTimer.Enabled = TRUE
>
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB CloseTimer_Timer()
>   ME.Close()
> END

Thanks for that proposal. Of course, everything runs as expected, the
only thing is that the message window always has gadgets here, and I
cannot explain why. In the properties, I set this window to "Border -
None" and the gadgets disappear in design mode. But when the window is
called like in the example, it does have gadgets...

Rolf