[Gambas-user] Autoconf tools question

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Fri Aug 29 13:34:21 CEST 2008

Le Thursday 28 August 2008 16:21:00 M0E Lnx, vous avez écrit :
> Any way to test this in gambas2 yet?
>
> my app is written in g2
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Laurent Carlier <lordheavym at ...626...>
wrote:
> > Le Wednesday 27 August 2008 14:54:07 M0E Lnx, vous avez écrit :
> >> I'm willing to test (pretty much all I can do) but I do appreciate you
> >> guys considering it. I suposse many people will write their
> >> appliactions in gambas and will need to depend on something else... so
> >> it'll help to have it run checks for those dependancies as well. Even
> >> if it means specifying them by name (each developer should know what
> >> his/her app depends on)

> > You can find some preliminary work on the 3.0 branch.
> >
> > You can add extra tests (you need to know how configure script work (see
> > autoconf.automake docs)). Your script will be add at the end of the
> > configure script.
> >
> > See http://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/gambas/?rev=1520&view=rev
> >
> > ++

I can put this in stable branch if benoit agrees, but as it's pretty untested,
i prefer if you can test this feature i.e. install G3, just create a dummy
project, then create a package with autotools, and add your test !

So you axtract the dummy package and run ./configure script.

Try all these steps, so send your comments, feature missing, the bugs found.
If it's pretty bugfree and useful them it will be backported for the next 2.x
release.