[Gambas-user] Autoconf tools question

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Wed Aug 27 11:47:03 CEST 2008

Le Wednesday 27 August 2008 10:45:13 Benoit Minisini, vous avez écrit :
> On mardi 19 août 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> > I've gotten my application to package with the autoconf tools creator
> > from the IDE (very nice (in version 2.8 the DESTDIR is supported)). I
> > have a question
> > How can I make these scripts run additional tests?.
> > My application for instance uses other things such as Python, CMake...
> > etc, how can I make the configure script check for these too?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Alas, at the moment, this is not possible. Unless you modify the autoconf
> package by hand each time it is generated!
>
> Something to enhance in the package generator...

Perhaps it should be feasable through a m4 macro, something like
GB_EXTRA_CHECKS() and a failed var (.disable file the gambas included
components ?). Next step should be where in the project we can place this file
in the project (or import it everytime we build the autoconf/.... package).

So it's feasable in the 3.0 branch and perhaps a backport is possible for 2.0
branch.

++