[Gambas-user] AllBasic.Info Gambas Help

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Fri Aug 22 20:49:29 CEST 2008

Hi John,

I signed up.  I also posted an intro.  Normally I'd expect to have at
least one "welcome to the board" response by now.  Kinda disappointing,
but it is a very small site right now.

If you want a Mod for the Gambas area, I don't mind to step up and give
it a go.  As I mentioned in my intro, I'm the author of the
DragonController (www.dragoncontroller.org), which I developed in VB.Net
and in Gambas.

If you can give us a mention in your apps list, we can return the favour
by linking back to allBasic.info for those who want to explore the basic
language further.

As an aside, it's interesting to see how those 2 basics compare for
writing essentially 'the same program'.  VB.Net feels a lot more
'complicated' than Gambas but there's really nothing I've found so far
that I can do in .Net that I can't do in Gambas (Gambas2 in fact).

I've also used Gambas (as Benoit knows) for a bar management application
which uses MySQL and is implemented in a client-server manner, with XML
messages being passed between the client and the server.  This
application hasn't been open-sourced yet, but I may consider releasing
the code if there's enough interest.

Regards,
Caveat