[Gambas-user] Mysql connection bug/problem ?

Kamau Gatheru gatheru at ...626...
Thu Aug 21 11:59:15 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have been trying to connect to a remote mysql server (within my network)
and it seems all my local installations of Gambas cannot do that. Incidentally
I discovered that the .Port element doesn't work. I can run the following code
locally and it works fine.

WITH Conn

    .type = "mysql"
    .host = "localhost"
    .Port = "4444"          <------- I put the wrong port and it still
works regardless
    .login = "user"
    .Password = ""
    .Name = "control"

END WITH

but when trying to connect to a remote computer using the correct parameters

WITH Conn

    .type = "mysql"
    .host = "remotehost"
    .Port = "3306"             <------- Correct port
    .login = "user"
    .Password = ""
    .Name = "control"

END WITH

I get an error ( Cannot open database: Unknown MySql server host 'The
-remote-host' (1) )
or another error ( Cannot open database: Can't connect to MySql server
on 'My -remote-host' (111) )

Could you please give me a work around or the proper procedure to connecting to
a remote MySql database server.

Thanks and best regards,

Kamau Gatheru