[Gambas-user] Sending direct to printer

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Tue Aug 12 09:44:21 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, charlesg wrote:

> SHELL "htmldoc --bodyfont Sans --outfile /home/c/Documents/tfc.pdf --webpage
> /home/c/Documents/tfc.htm" WAIT
> SHELL "lpr /home/c/Documents/tfc.pdf" WAIT
>
> rgds

When I do understand it right Richard does not want the dialog for the printer.

The method I did use for printing is/was like next code.

function printform_click()

  dim lpgrab as picture 'ar image
  dim lpimg as pcture ' or image

  lpgrab = me.grab()
' or use the control on the form you want to print
' check help for result type of grab

  lpimg = lpgrab.clip(top,left,width,height)
' or the correct method to getthe right part

  file.save(tempraryfile,lpimg)

 shell "lp " & temporaryfile" WAIT
' check the right code howto do the shell
' and way the print program
end

The tip that counts is the .grab() method however this
is not idioat proof as I found at that time.
Point to be 100% sure to be is
1) NO other object on the screen may overlap the form/contol
2) the form/control part must be complete visible on screen.
3) if the .grab() is done and the form/control size results
   in space outside the visible screen dimension the memory
   is still used for the grab().
   This result can show parts of previous visited webpage
   (is happend to me) or other valuable information.

Ron